Direct Mail Enclosing
Automated machine enclosing is cheaper than enclosing by hand and can help reduce the cost of your mailing campaign.
Our enclosing machines will output nearly 200,000 items a day ready for mailing and delivery to the Royal Mail, so if all your materials are delivered in good time, we can meet important deadlines for both small and large mailings.
We can also machine match addresses on the outside of envelopes with addressed letters, or other items being enclosed, using camera matching technology, if you need a closed face mailing.
Machinable envelopes have a gummed flap on the long side and are not self-seal. We can supply a wide range of these envelopes from stock including the popular DL and C5 sizes, with and without windows.
The letters, leaflets and brochures being inserted into the envelopes must be printed on paper that is of a suitable weight for the machines to handle. They must also be folded to suit the specification of the machine.
When planning a mailing it is important to let designers and printers know that you will be using enclosing machinery to insert the mailing into envelopes. This will enable them to design and print suitable items. If anyone is unsure about what is suitable, we will be happy to advise on some simple do's and don'ts.
Failure to provide the right materials can slow down the dispatch of a mailing and lead to the extra costs of hand enclosing.
The Technical Details
For the technically minded we run the following machinery:
• A Grutzmacher/Challenger enclosing machine – this takes envelopes up to C5 and encloses up to seven items, folds online, with facility for camera matching personalised items for absolute accuracy at a speed of 11,000 items per hour.
• A Lara/Jumbo enclosing machine, which takes sizes up to C4 and encloses up to eight items at a speed of 2,000 per hour into envelopes or polythene.
• A Jumbo C4 enclosing machine capable of dealing with any size up to C4 and enclose up to eight items at a speed of 5,000 per hour.
• A Phillipsberg deals with sizes up to C5 and encloses up to four items at a speed of 5,000 per hour.
• Our high-speed folding machine will make 20,000 folds an hour.
• This gives us a capacity of 200,000 items a day – contact us now for a competitive quote for your next mailing.
"They are very reliable. In 12 years they have never let us down. And their prices are good!" Jonathan Roscoe, T & F Informar UK.
We undertake mailings for many businesses and industries, including Automotive, Charities, FMCG, Finance & Insurance, Mail Order, Magazines & Newspapers, Theatres and Advertising & Direct Marketing Agencies.
Sometimes a mailing may need to be produced in a non-standard format to make it more interesting for the prospect. Or the mailing may be unusually intricate and need careful matching of items that cannot be managed by a machine.
If this is the case, hand enclosing will be a more practical solution especially if the quantities are particularly low.
Our hand enclosing teams tackle a wide variety of unusual and sometimes challenging mailings. These range from the simple parceling of products into boxes, through to complicated folding, three-way matching into jiffy bags and assembly of complex customised mailings.
We can deal with almost any hand enclosing project, but we do advise that you check with us how long it will take us to complete a job, especially if you are planning a large mailing. And a discussion in advance may enable us to recommend a small change to a mailing that will still make it innovative, but without unnecessary extra costs.
Contact Us now to discuss a mailing you are planning.